The apex of so-called “positive thinking” is for your thoughts/mind to be in alignment with your innermost being. To that end, I’m putting together a series of principles or reminders to help me return to that state of alignment.
It’s a work in progress, but I thought it would be nice to share it and keep track of it in this space:
- if you’re feeling any negativity your thoughts are not in alignment
- misalignment can come from habits of thought/belief, or from focusing on external reality, which is a reflection of prior misalignment.
- to align it is necessary to have the intention of ‘allowing’ it, but most importantly to stop focusing on misaligned thoughts.
- further, detachment or ignoring of present reality may be required to allow thoughts to come into alignment.
- alignment is found in the absence of resistant, negative thoughts and hence in the absence of negative feelings too.
The themes of alignment, detachment, and misalignment can be found in mysticism across the great religions.
These principles incorporate the paradox that our lives improve when we stop trying to improve them. It’s our own focus on negative thoughts and beliefs that mars our experience of life.